The 2016 Acura MDX: A Seven-Seater SUV for Chicagoland Families
2016 MDX Interior Space
With 132.3 cubic feet of passenger space, the cabin of the MDX is one of the most spacious seven-seater SUVs, and if you don’t need to fill all of the seats, it can expand the 15.0 cubic feet of cargo to 38.4 or 68.4 cubic feet. Whether sitting in the first, second, or third row, your passengers should have no trouble getting comfortable.
- Headroom: Passengers in the second row have the most headroom at 38.3 inches, but the front row’s 38.1 inches and the third row’s 35.6 inches have enough space for tall drivers and passengers.
- Legroom: Legroom is the other half of finding a comfortable spot for taller passengers; the first, second, and third rows have 41.4, 36.6, and 27.4 inches of legroom, respectively.
- Hiproom: The hiproom measurements are what will let you know whether the kids will be fighting over being in each other’s space. With 59.0 inches in front, 57.8 inches in the second row, and 40.6 inches in the third row, everyone should have plenty of space.
- Shoulder Room: Passengers have a bit more room to stretch out and get comfortable in the upper part of the cabin, with 61.1 inches of shoulder room in the front, 59.1 inches in the second row, and 54.7 inches in the third row.
It might be tough to think of what those numbers all mean, but once you get behind the wheel, you’ll have a good idea of how spacious the MDX really is.
Staying Entertained on the Road
If you’ve got all seven of those seats filled, there’s a good chance you have at least a few kids in the back who are going to need to be kept entertained for a long drive, but don’t worry, Acura has you covered.
- Rear DVD Entertainment System: Put the kids’ favorite cartoon into the DVD player and let them focus on the show while you focus on the road.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming: For older kids and adult passengers, let them sync up their phone with the MDX stereo system and take turns playing DJ on the drive.
- ELS Studio Premium Audio System: The available ELS audio system brings studio-grade audio for your driving soundtrack through 10 distinct speakers.
When you drive an MDX, you not only have room for the whole family, you have the features that can keep them entertained on the road.