The 2015 Acura RDX Specs Set it Apart
We’re not quite sure why, but it seems like many luxury automakers are skimping on the power of their compact crossovers, making vehicles like 2015 Acura RDX and its impressive specs even more attractive. Acura’s compact crossover has an impressive V6 engine under the hood that is both efficient and powerful, and it offers plenty of room for the whole family.
Acura’s 3.5L V6 Engine
While it may have been tempting for Acura engineers to give their smaller crossover a smaller engine, the RDX has a full-size V6 like the 2015 MDX. This state-of-the-art engine is powerful and economical:
- The RDX is capable of 273 hp and 251 lb-ft of torque, and it can be had with all-wheel drive for added control.
- Unlike many competing models, Acura’s crossover is one of the most efficient of its kind—the 2015 RDX 6-Spd AT earns an EPA-estimated 28 highway mpg.*
With numbers like these, can you believe that there are automakers equipping their crossovers with four-cylinder engines?
A Spacious Interior
There’s more to the specs of the RDX than its engine, though. This is one of the most spacious vehicles of its kind, offering seating for up to five and 103.5 cubic feet of passenger space:
- Headroom—Front passengers have 38.7 inches of headroom while rear passengers have up to 38.1 inches.
- Legroom—With 42 inches of front legroom and 38.3 inches of rear legroom, everyone will have plenty of space to stretch out.
- Hiproom—The wide stance of the RDX gives you 55.7 inches of hip room in the front and 53.8 inches in the rear.
- Shoulder Room—The front of the RDX features 58.7 inches of shoulder room, with 57.2 inches in the rear.
And then there’s the cargo room. Your standard cargo area is 26.1 cubic feet, but you can expand it to as much as 76.9 cubic feet by folding down the rear seating. Now matter how you cut it, that’s plenty of space for the whole family.
Test Drive the RDX
We think it’s clear that the 2015 Acura RDX specs make it one of the most attractive vehicles of its kind, but you should get comfortable in the driver’s seat and see it for yourself. Visit a Chicagoland Acura Dealer today for a test drive.