The 2015 Acura RDX has Some of the Best Safety Features
The 2015 Acura RDX earned a five-star rating on every single New Car Assessment Program front and side crash safety test offered by the NHTSA, and we are proud to offer it to area drivers at Chicagoland Acura Dealers. But what is it that led to its incredible crash test performance? Some of the best safety features in the business. Let’s take a look.
What State-of-the-Art Safety Looks Like
In order for the RDX to earn such amazing safety ratings from the NHTSA, the vehicle had to be engineered for safety from the get go. This is what state-of-the-art safety looks like:
- Six Airbag System: Front airbags are equipped with a multi-threshold system that determines the severity of an accident and deploys the airbags with the appropriate level of force, hoping to reduce the risk of any airbag related injuries.
- Acura’s Advanced Compatibility Engineering Design: The ACE design lets the RDX crumple in just the right places and redistribute energy from an accident, sending it away from occupants.
- Advanced Braking Systems: Anti-lock disc brakes featuring electronic brake distribution and brake assist help to bring your RDX to a stop when you need it.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: This system combines with Acura’s traction control system to give your RDX a bit more control on slippery roads and minimize the risks of over- or understeering.
- Rearview Camera: We don’t know how many accidents are caused by drivers being unable to see what’s behind their vehicle, but we’d imagine it’s quite a few. Acura’s rearview camera gives you a clear view of everything behind the RDX to help avoid backing into another vehicle or a pedestrian.
And these are just some of the safety features. We think it’s clear how such an impressively safe vehicle would earn such a high distinction from the NHTSA.
See the RDX for Yourslf
The 2015 Acura RDX is available now at Chicagoland Acura Dealers, and it’s clearly one of the safest vehicles on the market. Visit one of our locations and take the RDX for a test drive to see it for yourself. We can’t wait to serve you!