Acura MDX the Best-Selling Three-Row Luxury SUV of All Time
If you couldn’t tell by the sheer number of 2017 Acura MDX models in and around Chicago, this luxury crossover is one of the most popular vehicles in its class. In fact, Acura has been keeping track of just how many MDX crossovers have been sold over the years, and in 2014, the vehicle was officially the best-selling three-row luxury SUV. Ever.
In the years since, Acura has improved and honed the vehicle to keep it at the top of its class, and we want to give you a quick look at just what makes this crossover such a success.
Building the Model SUV
If you have had a tough time finding a vehicle that competes with the 2017 Acura MDX, there’s a reason for that: Many automakers simply stopped trying to compete with it, instead offering drivers two-row SUVs with an optional, cramped third row.
This is where the MDX succeeds, and why so many crossovers can’t keep up:
- Pricing: Acura has always delivered a combination of value and luxury that has been tough to compete with, and the MDX is no exception. 2017 Acura MDX front-wheel drive models are priced at $43,950 (MSRP).*
- Power: An SUV needs enough power to make up for lost time on the morning commute or take the family out to the lake for the weekend, and the MDX delivers with its 290 hp 3.5L V6.
- Fuel Economy: Despite its powerful engine, the MDX remains efficient, with 2017 MDX FWD models earning an EPA-estimated 27 highway mpg.**
- Technology: A multi-angle rearview camera, Bluetooth, on-demand multi-use display (ODMD), and more are included as standard technology features on the MDX.
- Safety: The 2017 MDX comes with AcuraWatch safety features as standard, including Collision Mitigation Braking, Lane Departure Warning, and Forward Collision Warning.
- Warranty: Acura has one of the most comprehensive warranties in the luxury world, featuring a 72-month/70,000-mile powertrain warranty and a 48-month/50,000-mile basic warranty.
Test Drive an MDX
We think the best way to see what’s made the MDX the best-selling three-row luxury SUV of all time is to get behind the wheel and experience it for yourself. Visit a Chicagoland Acura Dealer near you today to take the 2017 Acura MDX for a test drive. With seating for up to seven passengers and a spacious, well-appointed cabin, we think it’s the right fit for nearly any driver.
*Prices shown are Acura suggested retail prices only and do not include taxes, license, or a $940 destination and handling charge. Acura vehicle accessory costs, labor, and installation vary. Dealers set their own prices. Please consult your selected dealer.
**Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid only), and other factors.