Acura RDX Technology Features and Entertainment Systems
The Acura RDX’s interior components make it easy to get more entertainment out of every mile, and we’re not the only ones who think so! Each year, the trusted experts at Wards Auto investigate twenty-five new cars to determine which innovative offerings and features are pointing the way forward for manufacturers everywhere—and according to their Managing Editor, Tom Murphy, “Acura gives us everything we could want in a user experience: excellent driver-assistance technologies, a first-rate sound system with headliner-mounted speakers and an overall clean design.” We think you’re sure to agree once you’ve had the chance to get behind the wheel.
True Touchpad and Driver-Assistance Controls: WardsAuto’s 10 Best UX Winners
This year, WardsAuto’s 10 Best UX Competition highlighted the Acura RDX’s True Touchpad Interface and Steering Wheel Mounted Driver-Assistance controls. We’ve detailed both components in the space below.
- True Touchpad Interface: Acura’s all-new True Touchpad interface lets you master each and every one of your RDX’s interior technology features, without ever taking your eyes off the wheel. The surface of your touchpad, located to the front of your center console, corresponds directly to the screen of your On-Demand Multi-Use Display. That means that if you want to press a button on the upper righthand corner of your screen, all you have to do is trace your finger to the same location on the touchpad. Easy to find and easy to master, it’s everything a technology feature should be.
- Steering Wheel Mounted Driver-Assistance Controls: This year’s RDX makes it easier than ever to take advantage of your vehicle’s AcuraWatch Driver-Assistive safety technologies. The controls for your Adaptive Cruise Control, Low Speed Follow, and Lane Keeping Assist System are all located directly on the righthand side of the steering wheel, and the buttons for your Collision Mitigation Braking System and Road Departure Mitigation System are only a few inches away.
Acura RDX ELS Studio Audio System
No matter what new features you’re hoping to find in your next new vehicle, there’s no substitute for an intuitive and powerful audio system that you’ll use every time you get behind the wheel! Drivers who choose the 2019 Acura RDX will have three different options to choose from.
- Acura Premium Audio System: A Standard feature right from the start, Acura’s Premium Audio System offers a fully-functional USB Audio Interface, Bluetooth Audio Streaming, Sirius XM Radio, and Auxiliary Input Jacks.
- Acura ELS Studio Audio System: Drivers who upgrade with the Technology Package will receive the ELS Studio Audio System, which includes 12 speakers, DTS Neural Surround Sound with 12 channels, and more. It’s powered by 550 watts, and it’s compatible with all of the entertainment and technology features present on the baseline model.
- Acura ELS Studio 3D Premium Audio System: With 16 speakers and 16 channels powered by 710 watts, you’ll be able to experience all of your favorite music and audio programs in the way they were meant to be heard. Ultra-slim Highline Ceiling-Mounted Speakers, Super Dynamic Range Speakers, and 40mm titanium tweeters render every track in crystal-clear, high-fidelity sound.
Experience the Acura RDX Technology Features for Yourself!
The Acura RDX technology features leave nothing to be desired, and once you’ve taken this all-wheel drive Acura for a test drive, you won’t be able to settle for any other luxury model. Contact us today to learn more about our current offers. You can get a hands-on feel for this model’s celebrated entertainment systems when you pay a visit to your local Chicagoland Acura Dealer!