What Is the Acura MDX Seating Capacity?
The 2018 Acura MDX is a luxury SUV that features third-row seating for a higher seating capacity while still offering ample passenger space, no matter which row you might be sitting in. Depending on the model that is right for you, the MDX offers a seating capacity for six or seven passengers.
- Second-row bench seating for 3 – capacity for 7 passengers
- Second-row captain’s chairs for 2 – capacity for 6 passengers
The MDX is configured to accommodate seven passengers with the Standard Package, the Technology Package, and the Entertainment Package. The second row is a bench seat that accommodates three passengers comfortably and features:
- Sliding seats with Adjustable Seatback Angle
- Third-Row Access with One-Touch Smart Slide Walk-In
- 60/40-Split Folding Second Row
- 50/50-Split Folding Third Row
Third-Row Access with One-Touch Smart Slide Walk-In
This feature present on all seven-passenger MDX models allows for easier, hassle-free access to the third row. With just the simple touch of a button, the second-row seat folds and slides forward, clearing a path to the third row. A second pair of buttons high on the second-row seatback allows for passengers already sitting in the third row to easily exit.
The MDX can accommodate six passengers with the Advance Package, which swaps the second-row bench seat for two captain’s chairs. With this option, drivers will get:
- Heated First- and Second-Row Seats
- Sliding Second-Row Seats with Adjustable Seatback Angle
- 40/40-Split Folding Second-Row Seat
- 50/50-Split Folding Third-Row Seat
The MDX doesn’t neglect the passengers in the third row. Whether you’re choosing an MDX that can accommodate six or seven passengers, all models of the MDX will feature a third row with beverage holders, three-point seat belts, and adjustable headrests. The Advance Package adds an additional USB port in the third row. And all models feature luxurious leather-trimmed interior in all three rows.
- Third-Row Headroom – 35.6 inches
- Third-Row Legroom – 28.1 inches
- Third-Row Shoulder Room – 54.7 inches
- Third-Row Hip Room – 40.6 inches
Test Drive Today
Find out more information on the 2018 Acura MDX by contacting us or visiting your nearest Chicagoland Acura Dealer. Explore current offers and financing options, and experience the MDX firsthand with a test drive today!