Expect Sensational Performance and Efficiency from an Acura Hybrid
The Acura RLX Sport Hybrid combines:
- 3.5L Gas Engine: Uses direct fuel injection to command up to 310 hp and 280 lb-ft of torque. Variable Cylinder Management™ shuts down two cylinders during steady cruising to keep fuel consumption to a minimum.
- 3-Motor Sport-Hybrid System: A 47-horsepower electric motor sits in the transmission housing and two additional 36-horsepower motors are mounted between the rear wheels. They work to distribute power perfectly between all four wheels.
- Motor-Integrated 7-Speed Dual Clutch Transmission: Designed for racing-level performance, the dual-clutch transmission keeps the next gear up or down pre-loaded, so it’s ready right when you need it for seamless performance. Sequential SportShift paddle shifters are fitted as standard to provide direct control.
Taken together, the cutting-edge powertrain delivers up to:
- 377 combined hp and 341 combined lb-ft of torque.
- Up to an EPA-estimated 28 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway*.
Such families interested in combining 3-row SUV space with hybrid efficiency should opt for the Sport Hybrid model, which uses:
- 3.0L Port-Injected V6 Gas Engine: Makes up to 257 hp and 218 lb-ft of torque.
- Electric Motors: A 47 hp front motor and two 36 hp rear motors send power to all four wheels.
- Motor-Integrated 7-Speed DCT Dual Clutch Transmission: The same transmission system as the Acura RLX Sport Hybrid delivers smooth performance and exceptional efficiency scores.
Acura MDX hybrid models deliver:
The hybrid setup includes:
- 3.5L V6 Engine: Boasting mid-mounted twin-turbocharger, Variable Timing Control (VTC), and direct and port fuel injection, the V6 delivers up to 500 hp and 406 lb-ft torque.
- Electric Motors: A front-mounted 36+36-hp Twin Motor Unit (TMU) combines with a 47-hp Direct Drive Motor.
- 9-Speed Dual Clutch Transmission: Features electronically-operated wet dual-clutch, high-rigidity shift forks, double-cone synchronizers, and electronic shift actuator to balance phenomenal efficiency with track-like control.
- Integrated Dynamics System: Drivers can personalize performance on the fly by choosing between Quiet, Sport, Sport+, and Track drive modes.
You’ll find yourself harnessing up to 573 hp and 476 lb-ft of torque combined while everything from lightweight suspension with third-generation magnetorheological (MR) dampers to high-performance Brembo® hydraulic brakes sharpens your ride.
*Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid models only) and other factors.