2021 Acura RDX Specs
2021 Acura RDX Engine Options
- Up to 272 hp
- Up to 280 lb-ft of torque
- Up to 1,500 lbs. of towing with both FWD and SH-AWD models.
That kind of output means everything from precision performance at low speeds to confident cruising when you need to pass on the highway. You’ll even have respectable towing power for handling lighter loads and backcountry toys.
2021 Acura RDX Drivetrain
All 2021 Acura RDX packages come with a Front-Wheel Drive system as standard, which makes plenty of sense for most drivers with an eye on fuel economy.
For added capability and more engaging driving dynamics, Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®) is available across all trims. It combines the all-weather advantages of conventional all-wheel systems with high-performance dry-road handling by continuously directing engine power to match weight distribution, available traction, driver input, and other conditions.
2021 Acura RDX MPG Ratings
The 2021 Acura RDX transmission remains the same across all trim levels. A 10-Speed Automatic provides perfect power delivery whether you’re at a crawl, picking up speed, or really opening up the engine, and Sequential SportShift Paddle Shifters come fitted as standard to ensure drivers can take direct control over shifting as and when they need to.
You can expect to make:
- Up to an EPA-estimated 22 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway with FWD models*
- Up to an EPA-estimated 21 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway with SH-AWD models*
To keep fuel consumption to a minimum, every Acura RDX uses an Idle Stop system that automatically shuts off the engine when you’re at standstill before seamlessly restarting it when you hit the gas.
2021 Acura RDX Performance Features
You’ll find the 2021 Acura RDX able to intelligently adjust around different surfaces, weathers, and driver moods thanks to a 4-Mode Integrated Dynamics System (IDS). It offers four unique driving modes:
- SNOW: Provides added confidence on roads that might otherwise feel challenging by controlling torque for maximum traction and control.
- COMFORT: Delivers a balanced blend of comfort and handling.
- SPORT: Power steering assist is reduced to increase steering feel and feedback while Active Sound Control is reduced for a deeper roar.
- SPORT+: Adds a much more aggressive shifting algorithm to bring out the full potential of your RDX.
Further standard and available performance features include:
- Agile Handling Assist®
- MacPherson Strut Front Suspension
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension
- Front and Rear Stabilizer Bars
- Amplitude Reactive Dampers
- 12.4-in Ventilated Front Disc Brakes
- 12.2-in Solid Rear Disc Brakes
- High-Performance All-Season Tires
- Adaptive Damper System
2021 Acura RDX Active Safety Features
While the 2021 Acura RDX’s powertrain and performance features form the foundation of its refreshingly sporty drive, an array of active safety features come fitted as standard to ensure you remain fully in control through every drive.
2021 Acura RDX active safety features include:
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control and Motion Adaptive Steering
- 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Electric Parking Brake
- Automatic Brake Hold
- Hill Start Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with Tire Fill Assist and Location and Pressure Indicators
Expect a Whole New Take on Luxury Crossover Performance from the 2021 Acura RDX
As summed up by the team over at Edmunds: “Overall, the RDX is a solid performer. Its turbocharged engine provides strong power at low rpm to get you away from stoplights quickly, and the transmission is adept at picking the right gear for the situation.” You can arrange a test drive or explore current special offers by visiting your local Chicagoland Acura dealer, so feel free to get in touch today.
Latest on Acura Vehicles
Here at your local Acura dealers, we celebrate the holidays by providing the most attractive offers of the year on our Acura models like the Acura RDX, Acura TLX, Acura ILX, and more. Experience a holiday tradition by gifting yourself or a loved one with the gift of performance this holiday season. From now…
The Acura TLX has been redesigned for the 2021 model year and is even more exciting than the previous model. For 2021 the Acura TLX gets an exterior facelift with longer, lower, and broader proportions. This new Acura car also has an updated rear-biased Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD)Ⓡ that provides more performance and…
Acura is looking to break into the luxury SUV market with its all-new 2022 Acura MDX Prototype. This new Acura SUV is looking to rival luxury SUVs like the BMW X5, Mercedes-Benz GLE Class, and Audi Q7. The Acura MDX is getting a complete redesign for the 2022 model year. It will now be…
*Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.