2020 TLX Specs Speak to Drivers Who Yearn for Track-Like Performance
TLX Horsepower and Torque
Drivers have two engines to choose from with the Acura TLX, including:
- 2.4L 16-Valve Inline-4: Makes up to 206 hp and 182 lb-ft of torque
- 3.5L 24-Valve V6: Makes up to 290 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque.
Both engines come as standard with Acura’s revolutionary FWD with Precision All-Wheel Steer™ (P-AWS®) system. Acura TLX all wheel steering is the first such production system able to adjust toe angles independently, which means:
- Rear wheels can pivot up to 1.8 degrees in the same direction as the front wheels for quick and stable lane changes at highway speeds.
- Rear wheels angle slightly in the opposite direction from the front wheels during cornering to help you get into the turn and navigate in tight spaces.
- Rear wheels angle inwards during high-speed braking for added friction and stability.
Select V6 models are available with Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®). Acura SH-AWD combines all-weather peace of mind with enhanced high-performance dry-road handling. Intelligently distributing power between all four wheels, it:
- Sends 90% of power to the front wheels during straight-line cruising for improved efficiency.
- Transfers up to 45% of engine power to the rear wheels during hard acceleration for added traction.
- Revolves the outside rear wheel up to 2.7% faster than the other wheels to reduce understeer and increase stability.
2020 TLX Performance Features
The Acura TLX’s groundbreaking drivetrain is complemented by a wide selection of additional performance features, including:
- 4-Wheel Independent Macpherson Strut Front/Multi-Link Rear Suspension: Sophisticated suspension with Amplitude Reactive Dampers reduces torque steer and distracting steering wheel vibration for a comfortable and composed ride.
- Integrated Dynamics System: Choose between four unique driving modes: Economy, Normal, Sport, and Sport+.
- Agile Handling Assist®: Active braking enhances handling to keep you smooth through curves and corners.
- Motion-Adaptive Electronic Power Steering: Distinguishes between desired and undesired road feedback to deliver more accurate steering response.
- Performance Braking: 12.6” diameter ventilated front discs and 12.2” solid rear discs are designed with performance driving in mind and boast reduced running resistance for increased efficiency.
A wide selection of active safety systems maintain control across Chicagoland while simultaneously boosting performance:
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
The 2020 Acura TLX Turns Every Drive into an Experience to Remember
Critics at Edmunds.com note that “the TLX quietly continues offering an expert blend of performance, comfort and reliability”. To check out our AWD lineup, explore current offers, or schedule a test drive, don’t hesitate to contact us directly or visit your local Chicago Acura dealer.
*Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid models only) and other factors.