2020 Acura TLX Safety Ratings
Check out the Acura TLX safety rating and you’ll quickly understand why this is one of the industry’s most impressive luxury sedans. It earned a 5-star overall safety rating from the NHTSA*, plus a top mark of Good in all IIHS crashworthiness tests, and a wide selection of safety features come as standard for exceptional confidence.
Read on to explore:
- Acura TLX Driver Assistance Features
- Acura TLX Active Safety Features
- Acura TLX Passive Safety Features
Acura TLX Driver Assistance Features
As written by Car and Driver, “the TLX offers a host of desirable standard features and intriguing options.” Chief among those desirable standard features is the AcuraWatch package. All Acura TLX trim levels deliver the following state of the art technologies:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Road Departure Mitigation System
Available driver assistance features include:
- Surround-View Camera System
- Front & Rear Parking Sensors
- Blind Spot Information System
- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor
Acura TLX Active Safety Features
Active safety features work through every drive by monitoring conditions and making minor adjustments to performance. You might not know they’re working, but these features are what keep the Acura TLX feeling completely under your command.
- Vehicle Stability Assist® (VSA®) with Traction Control and Motion Adaptive Steering
- Agile Handling Assist®
- 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Hill Start Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with Location and Pressure Indicators and Tire Fill Assist
Acura TLX Passive Safety Features
Passive Acura TLX safety features are responsible for reacting to a collision event to keep you and your passengers from harm, so they’re a huge part of what helps the vehicle earn such strong safety features.
The next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure intelligently distributes crash force energy, and further features include:
- Advanced Front Airbags (i-SRS)
- Side Curtain Airbags
- Driver’s Knee Airbag
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) Child-Seat Mounting System
The Acura TLX Inspires Unwavering Confidence Through Every Drive
Whether you want to discuss Acura TLX dimensions or talk through current special offers, the team at your nearest Chicagoland Acura dealer can help. For any further advice or assistance, simply get in touch today.
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov.