2020 Acura RDX Towing Capacity
The 2020 Acura RDX immediately stands out thanks to its exhilarating driving dynamics and track-like handling. Better yet, you’ll see capability is just as impressive as on-road behavior once you take a look at the 2020 Acura RDX towing capacity and explore its engine specs. They turn a luxurious crossover SUV into a model able to take the whole family while hauling surprisingly heavy loads.
2020 Acura RDX Towing Specs
The 2020 Acura RDX can tow up to 1,500 lbs. when properly equipped, and it can handle that sort of weight whether you choose an entry-level model with FWD or a top of the line package with SH-AWD®.
That might sound impressive, but you might be unsure how much that rating can handle if this is the first time you’re looking at a vehicle capable of towing sizable loads. To put a 1,500 lbs. maximum rating in perspective, it should let you tow items like:
- Small Utility Trailers
- Pop-Up Tent Trailers
- Lightweight Aluminum Boats
- Personal Watercrafts
2020 Acura RDX Powertrain Specs
The 2020 Acura RDX offers four packages to let drivers fit features around their own unique needs and wants, but you’ll never have to accept anything less than first-class power and performance since the same leading powertrain comes fitted as standard across the lineup. It features:
- 2.0L Turbo Aluminum-Alloy 4-Cylinder Engine: Delivers up to 272 hp and 280 lb-ft of torque.
- 10-Speed Automatic Transmission with Sequential SportShift Paddle Shifters: Provides responsive performance whether you’re crawling while towing heavy or cruising in the fast line, all while making up to an EPA-estimated 22 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway*
Drivetrain options include:
- Front Wheel Drive (FWD): Fitted as standard for those who want to focus on efficiency.
- Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®): Goes beyond the conventional AWD system by combining reliable traction with track-like dry road handling.
2020 Acura RDX Performance Features
Tow ratings are clearly important when you’re looking to haul heavier items, but you should also pay attention to a vehicle’s performance features. It’s these that are going to be responsible for keeping your ride controlled and comfortable even when you’re making full use of available towing strength, which is why the Acura RDX offers such a wide selection.
Standard and available performance features include:
- 4-Mode Integrated Dynamics System (IDS) (Comfort, Sport, Sport+ IDS, and Snow)
- Grade Logic Control
- MacPherson Strut Front Suspension and Multi-Link Rear Suspension
- Adaptive Damper System
- High-Performance All-Season Tires
2020 Acura RDX Active Safety Features
Just as performance features provide an engaging ride while you’re towing, active safety features work to maintain everything from stability to braking power regardless of the strain you’re placing on your vehicle. They’re a vital part of proper towing, and active safety features fitted as standard with the Acura RDX include:
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control and Motion Adaptive Steering
- Agile Handling Assist®
- 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Hill Start Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with Tire Fill Assist and Location and Pressure Indicators
Can the Acura RDX Tow a Trailer? Visit Us Today to Find Out What It Can Handle Firsthand
As noted by critics from The Car Connection: “Among crossover SUVs, the 2020 Acura RDX stands out for its high-tech features, edgy looks, and strong turbocharged engine.” You can experience that critical favorite yourself by visiting your local Chicagoland Acura dealer to arrange a test drive. To find out more about anything from trim level options to current special offers, don’t hesitate to get in touch today.
Latest on Acura Vehicles in Chicagoland
Here at your local Acura dealers, we celebrate the holidays by providing the most attractive offers of the year on our Acura models like the Acura RDX, Acura TLX, Acura ILX, and more. Experience a holiday tradition by gifting yourself or a loved one with the gift of performance this holiday season. From now…
The Acura TLX has been redesigned for the 2021 model year and is even more exciting than the previous model. For 2021 the Acura TLX gets an exterior facelift with longer, lower, and broader proportions. This new Acura car also has an updated rear-biased Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD)Ⓡ that provides more performance and…
Acura is looking to break into the luxury SUV market with its all-new 2022 Acura MDX Prototype. This new Acura SUV is looking to rival luxury SUVs like the BMW X5, Mercedes-Benz GLE Class, and Audi Q7. The Acura MDX is getting a complete redesign for the 2022 model year. It will now be…
*Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid only) and other factors.