2020 Acura NSX vs. 2020 BMW i8
Compare 2020 Acura NSX vs. 2020 BMW i8 and you’ll be matching two of the industry’s most talked-about supercars against each other. That means considering everything from interior dimensions to horsepower and torque, so we’ve put together a quick but comprehensive overview to help you understand how these two models stack up against each other.
Simply read on to explore:
- Acura NSX vs. BMW i8: Price and Value
- Acura NSX vs. BMW i8: Performance
- Acura NSX vs. BMW i8: Space and Features
Acura NSX vs. BMW i8: Price and Value
It makes sense to start with base prices when you’re looking at any kind of vehicle, and here’s how the Acura NSX and BMW i8 come in:
- 2020 Acura NSX Coupe: Priced at $157,500 MSRP*
- 2020 BMW i8 Coupe Base: Priced at $147,500 MSRP
The BMW starts lower, but it also offers two trims instead of keeping everything you want to just one like the Acura NSX. It also falls behind in terms of warranty coverage:
- Powertrain Warranty Time: 72 with the Acura vs. 48 with the BMW.
- Powertrain Warranty Miles: 70,000 with the Acura vs. 50,000 with the BMW.
Acura NSX vs. BMW i8: Performance
As noted by Car and Driver, the BMW i8 is “not the fastest supercar on the block”. To find out why, compare its powertrain specs against those of the Acura NSX:
- Acura NSX: Makes up to 573 hp and 476 lb-ft of torque combined.
- BMW i8: Makes up to 357 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque combined.
BMW power feels underwhelming after checking out the Acura NSX. The Acura even provides finer handling by offering Super Handing All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) – the BMW only provides a standard All-Wheel Drive system.
Acura NSX vs. BMW i8: Space and Features
|2020 Acura NSX Coupe||2020 BMW i8 Coupe Base|
|44.0 Cubic Feet||Passenger Volume||81.0 Cubic Feet|
The Acura NSX offers less space, but the space it does provide breaks down more comfortably between two occupants instead of four. Compare Acura NSX standard features against BMW i8 standard features and you’ll find only the former including:
- Memory Adjustment for Driver’s Seat
- AM/FM Stereo
- Noise/Sound Cancellation
The 2020 BMW i8 Struggles to Hold Pace with the Exceptional 2020 Acura NSX
To check out the Acura NSX interior firsthand or experience how Acura NSX performance specs translate into phenomenal real-world driving dynamics, simply visit your local Chicagoland Acura dealer. To find out more or hear about our latest specials, don’t hesitate to get in touch today.
* Prices shown are Acura suggested retail prices only and do not include taxes, license or a $1,995.00 destination and handling charge. Acura vehicle accessory costs, labor and installation vary. Dealers set their own prices. Please consult your selected dealer.