2020 Acura MDX vs. 2020 Honda Pilot
Drivers wondering how luxury models compete against standard models should compare 2020 Acura MDX vs. 2020 Honda Pilot. Read on to match them up on:
- Power and MPG
- Interior Dimensions
MDX vs. Pilot: Price
Critics from Edmunds.com note that the 2020 Acura MDX offers: “Generous array of features and active driver aids for the money”. You can choose between several trims to meet your own unique needs, with prices ranging between:
- Acura MDX Standard: Priced at $44,500 MSRP*
- Acura MDX Entertainment Package with Advance Package: Priced at $60,250 MSRP*
Honda Pilot prices range between:
- Honda Pilot LX 2WD: Priced at $31,650 MSRP
- Honda Pilot Black Edition: Priced at $49,720 MSRP
The Honda Pilot does start a little lower, but let’s check out what you get for investing more.
MDX vs. Pilot: Power and MPG
The Honda Pilot and Acura MDX both move with agility and athleticism you might not expect given their spacious interior dimensions, but the Acura MDX still comes out ahead in terms of performance:
- Honda Pilot: A 3.5L V6 engine delivers up to 280 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque.
- Acura MDX: A 3.5L V6 engine delivers up to 290 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque.
The Acura is also the only model of the two available with Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH AWD), and it even offers superior maximum efficiency:
- Honda Pilot: Up to an EPA-estimated 20 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway.
- Acura MDX: Up to an EPA-estimated 26 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway**.
MDX vs. Pilot: Interior Dimensions
You’ll get three rows of seating with both the Honda Pilot and Acura MDX, but the MDX is still a touch roomier:
- Cargo Space: Up to 109.0 cubic feet in the Honda Pilot vs. 90.9 in the Acura MDX.
- Passenger Space: Up to 152.9 cubic feet in the Honda Pilot vs. 132.7 in the Acura MDX.
Experience the Acura MDX Difference for Yourself by Arranging a Test Drive
Whether you want to compare Acura MDX standard features against Honda Pilot standard features or hear more about current specials, the team at your nearest Chicagoland Honda dealer can help. Simply contact us today.
* Prices shown are Acura suggested retail prices only and do not include taxes, license or destination and handling charge. Destination & Handling charge for sedans (excluding PMC Edition) and SUVs (excluding PMC Edition) is $1,025.00. Destination & Handling charge for PMC Edition models and NSX is $1,995.00. Acura vehicle accessory costs, labor and installation vary. Dealers set their own prices. Please consult your selected dealer.
** Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid only) and other factors.