2020 Acura ILX vs. 2020 Honda Civic
All it takes is a quick comparison of Acura ILX vs. Honda Civic to understand that stepping into the luxury segment isn’t as tough as you might think. The 2020 Acura ILX Premium Package is almost the same price as the 2020 Honda Civic Sedan Touring CVT, and yet you’ll get more features and higher engine specs.
Read on to compare them on:
- Power and Performance
- Interior Features
- Warranty Coverage
Power and Performance
The Acura ILX is famous for combining first-class amenities with astoundingly agile driving dynamics, so you shouldn’t be surprised to see it offering more power than even the engaging 2020 Honda Civic Sedan.
- Acura ILX Engine: A 2.4L i-VTEC® I4 makes up to 201 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque
- Honda Civic Sedan Engine: A 1.5L I4 makes up to 174 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque
You’ll also be able to carry slightly more gas since the Acura offers a 13.2 gallon tank to the Honda Civic Sedan’s 12.4. When you’re maneuvering, a turning diameter of 36.8 feet with the Acura makes things easier than the Honda’s 37.4 feet.
You can really notice the difference in creative comforts when you move from the 2020 Honda Civic Sedan Touring CVT to the 2020 Acura ILX Premium Package. Only the Acura provides the following features as standard:
- 2-Position Driver’s Seat Memory Adjustments
- Power Adjustable Driver’s Seat with Power Lumbar Support
- Noise/Sound Cancellation
Whether you’re seeking luxurious support or a serene driving experience, the Acura ILX Premium Packages comes through.
Both the 2020 Acura ILX and 2020 Honda Civic Sedan offer standard Roadside Assistance, but the Acura provides slightly superior peace of mind thanks to its warranty coverage terms:
- Basic Warranty Time: 48 months with the Acura vs. 36 months with the Honda.
- Basic Warranty: 50,000 miles with the Acura vs. 36,000 miles with the Honda.
- Powertrain Warranty Time: 72 months with the Acura vs. 60 months with the Honda.
- Powertrain Warranty: 70,000 miles with the Acura vs. 60,000 miles with the Honda.
Discerning Drivers Should Think About Driving Home in a 2020 Acura ILX
Critics from Car and Driver list the Acura ILX’s highlights as: “Spacious front seat, desirable standard features, notable value proposition.” You can check those advantages out for yourself by visiting your local Chicagoland Acura dealer to arrange a test drive or take a closer look. To find out more or hear about current specials, simply get in touch today.