Drivers Enjoy Taking Full Advantage of Acura RLX Technology Features
Groundbreaking Acura RLX technology features cover everything from comfort to convenience to entertainment, with just a few highlights including:
- Head-Up Display
- 14-Speaker Krell® Premium Audio System
- Surround-View Camera
- GPS-Linked Climate Control
- AcuraLink® the Next Generation
As Acura’s flagship sedan, the Acura RLX calls on cutting-edge technology to set itself beyond standards set by other luxury sedans.
Acura RLX Display
The Acura RLX fits two displays as standard to provide easy control over your interior and let you keep track of vital driving information.
- Head-Up Display: Projects a transparent, easy-to-see image onto your windshield. Features include a digital speedometer, compass, turn-by-turn directions from your navigation system, Adaptive Cruise Control status, and more.
- On-Demand Multi-Use Display: The intuitively designed Acura display features touchscreen technology with buttons minimized for a cleaner appearance and easier control.
The Acura RLX makes convenience a central selling point before you even slip inside thanks to the Keyless Access System with Acura Personalized Settings. With the key fob about your person:
- Door handles will light up as you approach.
- The driver’s door handle, seats, steering wheel, and side mirrors will move to the previously determined settings linked to your key.
- Radio, speed dial, and navigational locations will be activated.
Once inside, you can start the car at the touch of a button. When you leave, simply pushing an outer door handle button locks the vehicle. As you maneuver, the following features help you out:
- Multi-view Rear Camera with Dynamic Guidelines: Provides a view of what’s behind you and guidelines to help show where you’re going.
- Surround-View Camera: Provides a 360-degree bird’s-eye image of the Acura RLX and its surrounding area.
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors: Provides audible feedback when you get too close to obstructions.
To get you from one side of Chicago to the other without getting lost, an Acura Navigation System is fitted as standard. It uses hard-drive data storage for fast response times and a high-resolution 8-inch screen for quick and easy viewing.
Navigation features include:
- AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic™ with Street and Freeway Conditions
- Traffic Rerouting™
- Natural Language Voice Recognition
One of the 2019 Acura RLX’s crowning glories is a 14-speaker sound system developed by Krell® Industries, one of the world’s premier manufacturers of high-performance audio and video equipment.
Amplifier channels feature robust bipolar power transistors for reduced distortion. Six mid-bass drivers are made from the world’s strongest super fiber to ensure sharper clarity. Metal speaker grilles reduce vibrations.
The Krell audio system works with:
- USB Audio Interface: Connects with compatible smartphones and other personal devices.
- SiriusXM® Satellite Radio and HD Radio®: Provides quality digital sound from 100s of entertainment sources.
- Bluetooth® Streaming Audio: Allows you to navigate and operate Pandora® through a compatible smartphone.
- Song by Voice®: Access songs stored in most smartphones via voice command.
- Speed-Sensitive Volume Compensation (SVC): Automatically adjusts volume up and down to prevent engine noises drowning out your audio as you accelerate.
The modern luxury vehicle needs to keep you connected on the go, which is why the Acura RLX comes fitted as standard with:
- Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® System: Works with nearly all Bluetooth®-enabled cell phones to receive and initiate calls through the audio system without making the driver take their hands off the wheel.
- SMS, MMS Text Message and Email Capability: You can read incoming texts on your display or have the system read them aloud. To respond, select one of six pre-prepared responses from the center display or simply call the person who sent the text.
The AcuraLink® Next Generation system provides a wide selection of features to keep you safe and enhance convenience:
- Sends out an emergency notification if an airbag has been deployed.
- Lets law enforcement authorities track your vehicle if it’s ever stolen.
- Shows traffic levels on busy side streets and freeways.
- Shows the vehicle’s location on your smartphone.
- Remotely locks or unlocks your vehicle from your smartphone.
- Connects to a live concierge for on-the-go assistance.