2019 Acura RDX vs Toyota RAV4
Drivers wondering how an awarding-winning luxury crossover compares against a cheaper standard model need only compare Acura RDX vs. Toyota RAV4; while the Toyota RAV4 starts lower, the Acura RDX provides more. For those who drive frequently or appreciate every chance to get behind the wheel, the features and fittings provided by an Acura should prove appealing.
Read on to compare them on:
- Residual Value and Warranty
- Standard Features
- Available Technology
Residual Value and Warranty
|Acura RDX FWD Standard||Toyota RAV4 Limited FWD|
|55%||ALG Residual Value after 36 months||53%|
|48||Basic Warranty Time (Months)||36|
|50,000||Basic Warranty (Miles)||36,000|
|72||Powertrain Warranty Time (Months)||60|
|70,000||Powertrain Warranty (Miles)||60,000|
The Acura RDX starts higher than the Toyota RAV4, but it retains more of its value after 3 years and provides significantly stronger warranty coverage as a mark of exceptional Acura reliability.
The entry-level Toyota RAV4 Limited FWD feels somewhat Spartan – you really need to upgrade to a pricier trim level for the comfort and convenience you deserve. In contrast, the Acura RDX is happy to provide top-tier amenities as standard, including:
- 12-Way Power Seats with Power Lumbar Support
- Heated Front Seats
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- 9-Speaker Acura Premium Audio System
Acura is all about innovative onboard features, so you’ll find several high-end technologies available that can’t be had at any price with the Toyota RAV4, including:
- GPS-Linked Climate Control: A solar sensor gauges the sun’s intensity and automatically adjusts your interior temperature to compensate:
- Acura/ELS Studio 3D® Premium Audio System: Designed by Panasonic® and tuned by a Grammy-winning music producer to produce a new dimension of sound through 16 speakers.
- True Touchpad Interface™: Provides precisely mapped, one-to-one feedback between your finger motions and the 10.2-inch full-HD Center Display. It’s the world’s first application of absolute positioning in an automobile.
Edmunds.com accurately notes that the True Touchpad Interface “will absolutely appeal to the tech-savvy buyer just as the impressive audio system will appeal to the dedicated audiophile.”
The Acura RDX Earns its Place in the Luxury Crossover Class
If you truly want to experience the difference between Acura RDX and Toyota RAV4, visit your nearest Chicagoland Acura dealer to arrange a test drive in an AWD model and check out the latest special offers.