2019 Acura RDX Safety Rating Comes Up Good in All IIHS Categories
Check out 2019 Acura RDX safety rating information and you’ll quickly notice the vehicle scored the highest possible award and safety ratings from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
They put the vehicle through a string of crash-tests and found that it offered exceptional protection through all scenarios. To get acquainted with Acura RDX safety, read on for:
- IIHS Safety Scores
- Acura RDX Safety Engineering
- Acura RDX Safety Features
IIHS Safety Scores
It’s no mean feat qualifying for the IIHS Top Safety Pick+ award. Here are just a few hoops the 2019 Acura RDX had to jump through:
- A top safety score of Good in all crash-test categories: Small overlap front (driver and passenger side), moderate overlap front, side, roof strength, head restraints and seat.
- Advanced or Superior rating for front crash prevention.
- Available headlights with a rating of Good
The Acura RDX scored Good in all crash tests, Superior for frontal crash protection, and offers Good visibility with either standard Jewel Eye™ LED headlights or available curve-adaptive LED headlights
As stated by the IIHS themselves: “The 2019 Acura RDX excelled in our six crashworthiness evaluations, including the roof strength test. Our testing apparatus applied over 21,000 lbs. of force to the RDX’s roof before it crushed 5 inches. That’s more than 5 times the weight of the vehicle.”
Acura RDX Safety Features
The Acura’s exceptional resistance to damage during crash-testing is largely due to the latest generation of Acura’s Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure. Using new high-strength steel door stiffener rings, it combines with new driver and front-passenger knee airbags to keep passengers protected in the unlikely event of an accident.
Better yet, all 2019 Acura RDX models come fitted with the AcuraWatch suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies, including:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) System
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW) System
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) System
Come Test Drive One of the Industry’s Safest Luxury Crossovers
The Acura RDX has taken the lead as America’s #1 retail-selling compact luxury SUV, and safety is just one reason why. Whether you want to experience AWD performance, explore Acura reliability, or simply find out about the latest special offers, visit your local Chicagoland Acura dealer or feel free to contact us directly.