2019 Acura RDX Safety Award: Top Safety Pick+
If you’ve been searching for an SUV that can keep you and your passengers safer on the road, then look no further: the 2019 Acura RDX safety rating speaks for itself. According to the experts at the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the this year’s RDX is a Top Safety Pick+, and It’s not hard to see why they’ve given Acura’s celebrated two-row SUV their highest honor. For starters, AcuraWatch driver-assistive technologies have been included standard in every model, so you’ll feel secure wherever you go, no matter which packages or upgrades you select. In the space below, we’ve listed a few of the Acura RDX safety features that set this SUV apart.
- Multi-View Rear Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
- Collision Mitigation Braking System
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- Road Departure Mitigation System
- Forward Collision Warning
- Lane Departure Warning
- Auto High-Beam Headlights
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Next-Generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering Body Structure
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors (Requires Technology Package)
- Blind Spot Information System (Requires Technology Package)
- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor (Requires Technology Package)
- Surround View Camera System (Requires Advance Package)
- Head-Up Warning System (Requires Advance Package)
What Makes a Top Safety Pick+?
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety uses its Top Safety Pick and Top Safety Pick+ designations in order to help drivers choose the safest vehicles for their friends and family. The coveted safety award rarely goes out to more than a few vehicles each year, but Acura’s vehicles have consistently wound up in the winner’s circle. The IIHS reports that this year’s RDX “qualifies for the highest award from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, thanks to good crashworthiness ratings, standard front crash prevention that earns a superior rating, and available good-rated headlights.”
Test Drive the RDX Today!
Don’t miss your chance to experience the 2019 Acura RDX safety features for yourself. The Acura RDX’s safety rating helps it stand out from the pack in an increasingly competitive segment, and when you take advantage of our current offers, you can bring it home for a price you won’t believe. Start up a conversation with your local Chicagoland Acura Dealer to schedule your test drive today!