2018 Acura RDX Safety Keeps Chicago Drivers at Ease
Active Safety Features
Active safety features provide drivers with peace of mind by giving them features that are actively monitoring their safety every time the vehicle is started. Just a few of these features are as follows:
- Vehicle Stability Assist – This feature is also equipped with traction control and motion adaptive steering to help drivers stay in control of the vehicle regardless of weather conditions or terrain.
- Lane Keeping Assist System – To help drivers stay in control, this system can detect lane markings and alert the driver if the vehicle begins to drift from its travel lane without a turn signal, allowing the driver to correct their steering or gently guiding them back into the lane.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – If the system detects a possible impending front collision, it will alert the driver and allow them to brake as necessary, or, if needed, apply the brakes for the driver to reduce the impact and possible damage.
- Daytime Running Lights – Lights that run throughout the day allow drivers to stay visible to other vehicles and help drivers detect other cars on the road no matter the weather.
Passive Safety Features
Though passive safety features may only kick into action in times of emergency, that doesn’t make them any less important than the ones that actively keep you safe every day. Learn more about some of these passive safety features below:
- ACE Body Structure – Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) is a specialized structural design that can reduce the impact of a crash by evenly distributing the force of the collision, in turn keeping passengers a little safer in the case of an accident.
- Side-Impact Door Beams – A sturdy beam placed within the build of each side of the vehicle will assist in reducing passenger injury if there is a side-impact collision.
- Theft-Deterrent System with Electronic Immobilizer – Safety includes keeping your vehicle and belongings safe when you’re not around, which is exactly what this system does.
- Airbags – Various airbag systems such as dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags, front side airbags with SmartVent technology, and side curtain airbags with a rollover sensor create a comprehensive accident preparedness system.
- Seat Belts – The 2018 Acura RDX has three-point height-adjustable front seat belts with load limiters and automatic tensioning and three-point rear seatbelts to secure passengers into the vehicle.
Driver-assist technology plays a crucial role in making sure that drivers are alert and aware of their surroundings at all times. To make this possible, the RDX incorporates features such as:
- Multi-View Rear Camera with Dynamic Guidelines – Normal, wide, and top-down views allow drivers to get a good idea of the area behind their vehicle, while dynamic guidelines assist in determining distance from other vehicles or obstacles.
- Blind Spot Information System – By letting you know if there is a vehicle in your blind spot when you signal a lane change, this system works to ensure drivers are more aware of their surrounds.
- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor – Sensors on the rear corners of the RDX help to alert drivers of any oncoming vehicles or pedestrians when preparing to reverse out of an area.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System – This system keeps an eye on the vehicle’s tire pressure and alerts drivers when it starts to get too low.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Cruise control makes driving less labor-intensive, but this system is even better, detecting objects and setting following speeds without the driver having to manually intervene.
See the 2018 Acura RDX in Action at Chicagoland Acura Dealers
We’ve only listed a few of the 2018 Acura RDX’s many safety features above; listing all of the amazing available features would take quite a while. Instead of scouring the Internet for more information about the Acura RDX safety systems and other features, come experience it all in person at the Chicagoland Acura Dealers location of your choosing. We are also available to contact online for those looking to learn more about other Acura vehicles, financing, or our current offers. We can’t wait to help you find your new Acura!