2018 Acura MDX vs. 2018 Honda Pilot
For Chicago-area drivers looking for a versatile and dynamic SUV that provides comfort, safety, and power, we compared the 2018 Acura MDX with the 2018 Honda Pilot to help drivers find the best vehicle for them. Though the Pilot does offer drivers a well-equipped cabin with impressive performance on the road, Edmunds.com says the MDX has an “appealing mix of safety and luxury-oriented features,” and offers drivers more as the standard.
- MDX has more comfort features than the Pilot
- MDX offers driver-assistive technology on the entry-level package
- MDX produces more power on the road
The Acura MDX and the Honda Pilot both have features that bolster comfort inside. But considered side by side, the MDX offers drivers more standard features that are missing on the Pilot.
- Automatic Climate Control
- Power Moonroof
- Voice Activated Controls for Audio and Bluetooth Wireless Enabled Devices
- Leather-Trimmed Seats
- Front Heated Seats
- Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
Though the Pilot comes with the available Honda Sensing package of driver-assistive technology features, the MDX has even more safety features. The MDX includes AcuraWatch as a part of its standard list of equipment and includes preventative and driver-assistive technology such as:
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Lane-Keeping Assist
- Road Departure Mitigation
- Collision Mitigation Braking System
Not only does the MDX offer drivers more comfort and safety features, it also produces more power than the Pilot. The MDX will achieve up to 290 hp whereas the Pilot produces just 280 hp.
- 290 horsepower (MDX) vs. 280 horsepower (Pilot)
- 267 lb-ft of torque (MDX) vs. 262 lb-ft of torque (Pilot)
Test Drive Today
Learn about the power, comfort, and safety features that the 2018 Acura MDX offers Chicago drivers by contacting us or by visiting your nearest Chicagoland Acura Dealer. Explore current offers and leasing specials, and sit behind the wheel with a test drive today.