2017 Acura TLX Interior Features
Designed for Comfort
Part of the appeal of a luxury vehicle is knowing that it has been engineered to put your comfort first. From the seating design to the placement of the buttons on the steering wheel to the intuitive touchscreen interface, the TLX makes driver comfort a top priority, as seen in these 2017 Acura TLX interior features:
- Premium Upholstery: The standard TLX includes premium leatherette upholstery for superior durability and comfort. Upgrade to perforated Milano leather to add a layer of elegance and prestige to the TLX cabin.
- Heated and Ventilated Seating: Standard heated front seating helps the TLX combat even the fiercest of Chicago winters with three different warmth settings. Available front-seat ventilation directs air-conditioning through the seat to keep you cool during the summer months as well.
- Power-Adjustable Seats: A 10-way power-adjustable driver seat with lumbar is standard on the TLX, as is a four-way power-adjustable front passenger seat. V6 models include an eight-way power-adjustable front passenger seat to keep your navigator comfortable.
- Active Sound Control: Cars make noise, but that doesn’t have to intrude on the serenity of the TLX cabin. Active Sound Control senses mechanical noise and creates opposing frequencies to cancel out even the slightest rumble from the road.
The low, aggressive stance of the TLX gives it the look and feel of a sports car from the outside, but the 2017 Acura TLX interior design
is practically cavernous. With seating for up to five passengers and 93.3 cubic feet of space, this sedan is just as capable of taking the kids to school as it is going out for a night on the town with your friends.
- Front Passenger Dimensions: Even the tallest drivers can find comfort behind the wheel of the TLX, with 37.2 inches of front headroom and 42.6 inches of front legroom. Settle in for a long ride or relax after a busy day with 55.3 inches of front hip room and 57.5 inches of front shoulder room.
- Rear Seating Dimensions: With 36.7 inches of rear headroom and 34.5 inches of rear legroom, the TLX comfortably seats up to three full-size adults in the back. The 54.9 inches of hip room and 55.4 inches of shoulder room ensure everyone has space to move about.
- Cabin Storage: Hidden beneath the cabin’s padded armrest is a spacious storage bin with 269 cubic inches of room, a USB port, and a 12-volt outlet for charging. A sliding tray tucks any cables out of sight, and built-in illumination makes it easy to reach in and find exactly what you need.
- Expandable Trunk Storage: The 60/40-split folding rear seat of the TLX ensures that you have room for cargo beyond the 13.2 cubic feet of trunk space. Plan a day at the slopes or load up your clubs and hit the links knowing your TLX has more than enough room for your gear.
Technology Meets Design
It can be easy for an automaker to look at the desires of the modern driver and simply add on features like an infotainment system or a touchscreen, but every addition brings with it more controls and more room for clutter. Acura takes a different approach. Instead of tacking features onto a vehicle until its dash becomes a disorganized mess, designers started from scratch to incorporate the latest technology.
Acura’s On Demand Multi-Use Display (ODMD), for instance, takes dozens of buttons and condenses them down to a touchscreen that has been designed to fit right into the curves and style of the cabin. Features like standard voice controls and steering wheel–mounted buttons optimize convenience without sacrificing control, and standard Bluetooth connectivity allows you to integrate your smartphone into the entire experience of the TLX.