Do the 2016 Lexus IS Features Compare to an Acura TLX?
The 2016 Lexus IS 200t features mark it as distinctly different from the outgoing Lexus IS model, but is it enough to really compete with a vehicle like the 2016 Acura TLX? Chicagoland drivers know their luxury vehicles, and while we think you could probably tell at a glance that the TLX has the advantage, we want to go over the specifics before you get behind the wheel for a test drive.
So, let’s see how the latest IS fares against the new sport sedan, the TLX.
What’s in the Cabin?
While there are many different features that set these two cars apart, we want to focus on the edge the TLX has in cabin amenities (though don’t forget that it sports those Acura-exclusive Jewel Eye LED headlights).
The TLX will keep you comfortable with features that require an upgrade on the IS 200t, if they are even available. Examples include:
- Driver-side memory settings to ensure everything—mirrors, seat position, climate control—is where you want it to be
- Multi-angle rearview camera to give you three different views when backing up
- Heated front seating to keep you warm during those Chicago winters
- Noise/sound cancellation for a peaceful and calming drive, even on the way to work
The IS 200t takes multiple upgrades to have comparable levels of amenities, and we haven’t even touched on its price yet.
Save in an Acura
The Acura brand has made their name on delivering affordable luxury vehicles all over the world, and that’s especially true when compared to competitors like Lexus. For a bit of perspective, not only does the TLX best the IS on features, it’s also more affordable:
- The 2016 Lexus IS 200t has a base price of $37,325 and earns an EPA-estimated 33 highway and 22 city mpg for 26 mpg combined.
- The 2016 Acura TLX, on the other hand, features a peppy 4-cylinder paired with an 8-speed dual-clutch transmission that delivers an EPA-estimated 35 highway and 24 city mpg for 28 mpg combined* while carrying a starting price of just $31,695 (MSRP).**
Test Drive a TLX
The 2016 Acura TLX isn’t just a luxury car; it’s a sport sedan. Engineered for performance, this Acura is a car that demands to be driven, and we want you to drive it. In order to see what it’s truly capable of, visit a Chicagoland Acura Dealer near you and get behind the wheel of the new Acura TLX. We’ll show you each and every one of these features in person so that you can see firsthand what it has above the Lexus IS.
*Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid only), and other factors.
**Prices shown are Acura suggested retail prices only and do not include taxes, license, or a $940 destination and handling charge. Acura vehicle accessory costs, labor, and installation vary. Dealers set their own prices. Please consult your selected dealer.
Chicagoland Acura Dealers includes Joe Rizza Acura, Acura of Libertyville, Muller’s Woodfield Acura, McGrath Acura of Westmont, Continental Acura of Naperville, Arlington Acura in Palatine, Ed Napleton Acura, McGrath Acura of Morton Grove, Pauly Acura, McGrath Acura of Downtown Chicago, and Muller Acura of Merrillville.