2016 Lexus GX 460 Standard Features vs. Acura MDX
There are not many luxury crossovers that show up on Chicagoland drivers’ radars, but the 2016 Lexus GX 460 standard features have brought it some attention. While the GX 460 is certainly an impressive SUV, we have to ask if it can stand up to an Acura like the 2016 Acura MDX, which delivers state-of-the-art features, luxurious amenities, and an affordable price.
Let’s see how the Lexus stacks up.
Comparing the Features
While many drivers think that luxury crossovers are all created equal, the truth is that there are quite a few features that Acura gives drivers that are simply not on the list of 2016 Lexus GX 460 standard features, including:
- Rear climate controls to let your passengers adjust their own heating and cooling
- Voice-activated controls for technology and phone to change music or make phone calls without ever taking your hands from the wheel
- Power liftgate that makes it easy to load and unload groceries
- Heated front seating to keep you warm during the harsh Chicago winters
- Noise/sound cancellation to ensure your drive to work, to school, or just a nice relaxing joyride can be enjoyed in peace and quiet
- Paddle shifters to give you a new level of control over the power under the hood of your MDX
While the Lexus may have some comparable features available, each of these features requires an upgrade on the GX 460; some of them require multiple package upgrades. The 2016 MDX also offers more cargo and passenger space than the Lexus model, with a third row of seating that comfortably accommodates full-sized adults.
As if those advantages aren’t enough, the 2016 Acura MDX has a base price of just $42,865 (MSRP),* while the 2016 Lexus GX 460’s lackluster standard features come with a price of $50,140.
Test Drive an MDX
We want to show you what the 2016 Acura MDX is capable of, and the best way to do that is to put you behind the wheel. Visit a Chicagoland Acura Dealer near you today to take a test drive of this powerful, well-equipped, and affordable luxury crossover today; we can’t wait to see you in the driver’s seat.
*Prices shown are Acura suggested retail prices only and do not include taxes, license, or a $940 destination and handling charge. Acura vehicle accessory costs, labor, and installation vary. Dealers set their own prices. Please consult your selected dealer.
Chicagoland Acura Dealers includes Joe Rizza Acura, Acura of Libertyville, Muller’s Woodfield Acura, McGrath Acura of Westmont, Continental Acura of Naperville, Arlington Acura in Palatine, Ed Napleton Acura, McGrath Acura of Morton Grove, Pauly Acura, McGrath Acura of Downtown Chicago, and Muller Acura of Merrillville.