New 2016 Acura ILX Safety Features
With the new AcuraWatch suite of features, we have quite a few Chicagoland drivers asking us about what 2016 Acura ILX safety features they can expect and just what some of them do, and we have answers for you. If you want a hands-on demonstration, we can show you what some of these features are able to do in person when you take a test drive, but descriptions of them will have to do for now.
Modern safety features go well beyond airbags and seat belts, though we want to assure you that the 2016 Acura ILX safety features do include advanced airbags and three-point seat belts. Other safety features, like the multi-angle rearview camera, can be found on all ILX models, but AcuraWatch takes things to a new level.
When you add on the AcuraWatch package, you get access to features like:
- Forward collision warning: At speeds of over 10 mph, the ILX is able to detect when a collision may occur and alert you with audio and visual warnings to prevent an accident.
- Collision mitigation braking: If you are unable to slow down quickly enough and an accident seems inevitable, the collision mitigation braking system can even apply the brakes for you.
- Lane departure warning: Like the forward collision warning system, lane departure warning uses a camera to detect when your ILX has started drifting from its lane and give you an audio and visual warning to bring your attention back to the road.
- Lane keeping assistance: This system works with lane departure warning to gently tug at the wheel and bring your car back in line with the road if it thinks you are drifting.
- Road departure mitigation: This safety feature can actually detect stationary objects like cars and trees that would indicate you are leaving the road and give you a warning as well as tightening on the seat belt to prepare for an accident, just in case.
- Adaptive cruise control: When your speed is set, it can be easy to lose a bit of focus on the road, and the adaptive cruise control system ensures your ILX will keep pace with the vehicles around it, speeding up or slowing down as needed.
Test Drive an ILX
Some of these features exist solely for use to prevent impending accidents, but we can show you a few of the 2016 Acura ILX safety features in action when you visit a Chicagoland Acura Dealer for a test drive.