Value Analysis: 2015 Audi Q7 Price vs. 2016 Acura MDX Price
While many drivers are willing to spend more on a luxury vehicle to ensure they are driving a crossover that is made of sterner stuff than the average car, we think that the 2015 Audi Q7 price should give you pause. While luxury vehicles are typically a bit pricier, you should think twice if it feels like it might be too much. Let’s take a look at how the Q7 price compares to the 2016 Acura MDX and see just what Audi has to offer in comparison to Acura’s crossover.
Investing in an Acura
First thing’s first: the prices.
- The 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI is priced starting at $53,400 (MSRP), and if you want to put its level of features on par with the MDX, you would need to make upgrades that bring the price to $66,725.
- The 2016 MDX base model, on the other hand, has a price of just $42,865 (MSRP).*
Already the Acura starts off with a huge advantage, but it only gets better. The value experts at ALG predict the residual value of the MDX to be greater than the Q7:
- The 2016 MDX base ALG residual value comes in at 62% for 36 months and 45% for 60 months.
- The 2015 Q7’s residual value numbers are 47% for 36 months and 40% for 60 months.
Finally, Acura’s warranty outlasts Audi’s. The MDX has a 72-month/70,000-mile powertrain warranty while the Q7’s powertrain warranty only lasts for 48 months or 50,000 miles.
Acura Gives Drivers More
Despite all of these advantages in price and value, take a look at some of the many features you’ll find on the basic MDX that are either unavailable or demand an upgrade for them to be on the Q7:
- Driver-side memory settings
- One-touch power moonroof
- Voice activated controls for audio
- Rearview camera system
- Next Generation AcuraLink telematics
- Third-row split bench seating
- Noise and sound cancellation
- Jewel Eye LED headlights
We could keep going. The MDX also has a 290-hp V6 under the hood while the Q7 only manages to hit 240 hp.
Test Drive an Acura
We think that it’s clear the 2015 Audi Q7 price doesn’t really give you the features you deserve on a luxury crossover, but we want to know what you think. Visit a Chicagoland Acura Dealer and take a test drive of the 2016 Acura MDX or RDX today.