Does the 2015 Audi A4 Price Deliver on Value?
Many Chicago area drivers shopping for new luxury sedans are willing to spend a bit more to get a vehicle that offers a truly remarkable value, but does the 2015 Audi A4 2.0T Premium price deliver that value? We compared the price, fuel economy, residual value, and features of this Audi to the 2015 Acura TLX 8-Spd DCT so that you can be sure you are driving the best option for your money.
Finding Value in a Luxury Vehicle
First, let’s touch on two of the biggest indicators of value on a vehicle: the price and fuel economy. The price lets you know how much you’ll be spending right now, and the fuel economy gives you a heads-up to daily fuel expenses in the long term:
- The 2015 Audi A4 2.0T Premium has a price of $35,500 (MSRP) and a 32 mpg highway fuel economy.
- The 2015 Acura TLX 8-Spd DCT is priced at just $31,445 (MSRP)* and features an EPA-estimated 35 highway mpg.**
Next, since these are both luxury sedans, it’s important to look at their potential long-term value. ALG estimates residual values for vehicles so that drivers can make informed decisions about where to invest their money, and they have predicted the residual values for these models at both 36 months of ownership and 60 months.
- At 36 months: The 2015 Acura TLX 8-Spd DCT has an ALG residual value of 46% to the 42% of the 2015 Audi A4 2.0T Premium.
- At 60 months: The Audi A4 2.0T Premium drops to 31% while the 2015 Acura TLX 8-Spd DCT has an ALG residual value of 35%.
We can’t know for sure what goes into the ALG calculations, but the fuel economy and features surely play a part. Here are just a few amenities you’ll find on the standard TLX that are either unavailable or need to be upgraded for on the Audi:
- Paddle shifters
- Driver-side memory settings
- Rearview camera
- Front heated seats
- LED headlights
- Push-button ignition
Test Drive the TLX
We still have more advantages we could talk about – like the Acura warranty – but we really think we should do less talking and more showing. Visit a Chicagoland Acura Dealer near you to see what the 2015 TLX has to offer beyond besting the 2015 Audi A4 2.0T Premium on price.